Whānau clean up
Here at NYLD, we’re all about looking after our beautiful country, Aotearoa. And so, we present the Whānau Clean Up competition.
This is the perfect opportunity for you and your classmates to get your whānau together, head outside and clean up part of your community. It could be your school, your local park, or beach, or maybe the main street in your town.
Here’s how to get involved and be in to win
- Choose a date (before the end of July)
- Choose a location
- Get your classmates and your whānau out to clean up
- Take photos of everyone who comes out with you and all the rubbish you collect
- Post your photos on the NYLD Facebook page by 12pm, 31 July.
So why take and post your photos? Well, because we’ve got two prize packs up for grabs!
- For the classroom that gets the most people out: A classroom visit with Young Ocean Explorers’ Steve and Riley Hathaway as well as five signed copies of their book
- For the classroom that collects the most rubbish: A pizza lunch for your classroom and 30 1+A Day t-shirts.
Winners will be announced by 5pm, 31 July. So get your classmates, get your whānau and get out there and clean up your community!